Thornham’s original village hall, known as the Drill Hall, was built in 1907 in the grounds of the Rectory. It had served the needs of the community well for more than a century, but was badly in need of replacement.
The site was sold in December 2012 to provide much needed finance for the new Hall and in August 2012, a grant of £475,000 was secured from the Big Lottery Fund rewarding three years of extensive fund raising efforts. The Drill Hall was sold for £200,000 and this, along with more than £50,000 raised by the local community and £70,000 in smaller grants, made our dream a reality, and Thornham Village Hall was built.
We are grateful to the residents of Thornham, our many visitors, caravanners, second home owners and regular holidaymakers, as well as numerous private donors, who have all contributed to the success of our new Village Hall and Playing Field and all the superb facilities. The support of the members of the popular 100 Club, the Bag Ladies of Thornham and Thornham United Charities is also acknowledged.